Friday February 8, 2013 – Skylight Studios
“I wanted to create a look that was super girly and contrasted with the masculine feel of the collection,” says Gucci Westman. “The focus of this look is definitely the eyeliner. I added a bit of a modern twist to a classic 60’s look by using a gel liner across the top of the lid. I kept the rest of the look simple and paired it with natural and luminous skin. I love how the whole look is a bit retro, but still fresh.”
Revlon product to get the look:
Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, $12.99
Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer, $12.99
Revlon Nearly Naked Makeup, $9.99
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder, $9.99
Revlon Illuminance Crème Shadow in Not Just Nudes, $6.50
Revlon Baby Sticks for Lips & Cheeks in Pink Passion from The Spring/Summer ’13 Collection by Gucci Westman, $8.99 (available April 2013)
Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner in Black Velvet, $9.99
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black, $8.99
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black, $8.99
Revlon ColorStay Crème Gel Liner in Black, $9.99
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara in Blackest Black, $8.99
Revlon Brow Fantasy, $7.50
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel, $9.99
Revlon ColorStay Lipliner in Mauve, $7.99
Revlon Nail Enamel in Elegant, $4.99
Redken Creative Consultant Guido Palau kicked off Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2013 with a loose chignon for the Rag & Bone show this evening, and the show went on without a hitch despite the impending snowstorm. He created a relaxed, nonchalant knot with an emphasis on texture and a nod to the sixties.
“This look is really very fitting for the Rag + Bone girl, it’s a little bit Edie-Sedgwick inspired but it’s not too exargerated. It’s got a tomboy feeling, but it also has a certain softness to it… Creating the low side part and then sweeping the hair over the forehead ultimately gives it a feminine feel.” Guido Palau
Redken Products Used:
Create the Look:
- Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volumizing foam to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Create a deep, clean low side part.
- Rough blow dry with fingers to create a very natural texture.
- When fully dry, add Redken powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo throughout to add texture and a matte effect.
- Drag hair together into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with elastic.
- Apply Redken quick tease 15 backcoming finishing spray to the ponytail and twist into a loose knot, securing with pins and letting a the “wispy” ends come out.
- “Soften” the whole look by pulling the hair up a bit at the crown, not too exaggerated but to add a little height.
visit Redken.com to locate a salon
Share the love on your fave social networkTweet