Thursday September 24, 2015 – via Fogazzaro 36
Playing off of the designer’s idea of “conservative eccentricity,” Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau took us back to the 20s with an extreme style for the runway at Prada’s Spring/Summer 2016 show.
“Mrs. Prada had this idea of ‘conservative eccentricity.’ It feels a bit 20s, but a bit 70s when women often had very tough, extreme looks, which makes a very strong statement on the runway. It’s a simple look that screams. First, I cut each of the girls’ bangs to frame their face, so each girl really has her own style. I cut very aggressive bangs on only 5 or 6 of the girls, and it works because part of being a Prada girl is embracing the moment. I used Redken’s hardwear 16 to give some finish and toughness to the bangs, and then used Redken’s forceful 23 hairspray to slick the hair back into a simple ponytail, accentuating the head shape, which adds a sense of ease and boyishness to the finished look.” – Guido
Create the look:
1. Book an appointment at your favorite Redken salon, and ask your stylist for bangs with tapered edges that best suit your face shape.
2. To style the look, start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
3. Work a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion into damp hair.
4. Blow dry hair straight using a flat brush.
5. Tie hair back into a low ponytail, securing at the base of the head with an elastic.
6. Apply a dime-size amount of Redken hardwear 16 super-strong sculpting gel to the hairline and bangs, and then spray with Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to set the style.
7. Finish by spraying a light layer of Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray all over hair for lasting hold.
“Adorning the face — it’s eccentric but conservative,” said makeup artist Pat McGrath.
Layered, gold mouth stamped in theatrical cream color, gold lipstick and gold pigment over a fresh face laid in foundation.
Hair by Guido Palau for Redken
Makeup by Pat McGrath
Models: Mayka Merino, Ina Jensen, Peyton Knight, Elizabeth Davidson, Ala Sekula.
Share the love on your fave social networkTweet